Operating on the theory that "Time is Money", one thing the rich are always looking for is convenience!
Most of them have house staff to see after their quotidian needs -- cleaning, making their beds, doing the laundry, grocery shopping, meal preparation and, of course, all the cleanup afterward.
Nice, right? Who wouldn't like that?
But it goes much further!
- Although the Missus enjoys going to the spa, if there's a time crunch at all, she has a hairdresser and manicurist who will come here to the house on a moment's notice.
- She has a Personal Shopper who floats around town checking out all the latest designs, and brings stuff to the house for her to try on.
- And her tailor will also come to the house, for a private fitting.
- The Mister's barber shows up at his office, every Thursday after lunch.
- Both of them have their favorite massage therapists who come on an as-needed basis.
- As for their cars, the Groundskeepers (Maurizio and Dario) wash them, gas them up, and take them out for inspection and routine maintenance.
Other conveniences we indulge in around here include:
- The dry cleaner picks up and delivers twice a week, and can make an emergency one-day turn around, if needed.
- Our dog groomer comes every Friday morning. And a dog walker is on call if we're all too busy.
- The pharmacy delivers, of course -- anything from prescriptions to aspirin.
- Caterers prepare and deliver goodies for our cocktail parties (if Chef is not available, or drunk).
- The Florist is in and out all the time, bringing and arranging fresh flowers in the house vases. (What a mess!)
- And the rug cleaners pick up and return our Persians as needed, including moving all the furniture, thank you very much.
I'm sure I've left something out, but that's a lot of services, right?
Of course, they need someone to schedule all these people in and out, and let them in the gates.
Well -- that would be me! The Butler. And another one of their conveniences! Ha!
Hope this has been fun!
This luxurious world of the rich is something most of us can only dream about.